Beautiful restored formal gardens full of interest and colour
Open every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between 20th June until 25th August 2017 from 10.30am with last admittance at 4.00pm.
- Admission: Adults £4, Children £2 (6 to 16 years)
- Coaches and private groups by appointment – with catering option
- Light refreshments in the Summer House
- Lots of free parking
- Please wear appropriate footwear
- Wheelchairs will experience some difficulty
- We regret we cannot accept dogs except guide dogs.
Hopton Hall, dating back to 1414, lies on the edge of the White Peak National Park.
Spencer our Manager, has virtually restored the formal gardens and created many new and interesting features including the 1 acre walled garden in which we have planted over 2000 roses in 40 individual beds surrounded by 5000 neatly trimmed box plants. Follow the 2 km of meandering paths along the croquet lawn & rosewalk, around 2 ornamental ponds leading to the wildlife lake, Arboretum, Laburnum tunnel, Birch Avenue and more, creating a wonderful Summer Spectacular with visual surprises at each corner.