It’s fair to say that holidays in Derbyshire aren’t always sunny! When it’s not there’s still tons to do … out and about in Derbyshire and the Peak District you can try:
There are quite a few cinemas within easy travel distance of Hopton Hall holiday cottages:
- Wirksworth – The Northern Lights – a beautiful little independent cinema, always worth a visit even if it’s not raining!
- Belper – The Ritz Cinema – another lovely independent cinema – often shows live by satellite RSC and National Theatre performances
- Derby – has the usual multiplex style cinemas including Showcase Cinema De Lux, Showcase Forester’s Park, Odeon and another independent The Quad.
Theatre and Concerts
There are theatres an performance venues in all of our nearby cities – including:
- Derby – the Derby Theatre and Derby Live
- Nottingham – the Theatre Royal & Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham Playhouse and the Motorpoint Arena
- Buxton – the Buxton Opera House … not quite a city but a lovely, intimate venue.
There are lots of museums and similar attractions close by, including:
- Cromford – Cromford Mills telling the story of Sir Richard Arkwright
- Derby – Museum & Art Gallery, The Silk Mill and Pickford House
- The Donington Collections with racing motorcycles and cars
- The National Trust Museum of Childhood at the National Trust’s Sudbury Hall.
The various towns and cities around Hopton Hall offer places to shop or eat and sip coffee whilst watching the world go by! Try Ashbourne, Derby, Buxton or even Nottingham.
Wellies and a brolly!
Stick on your wellington boots and put up an umbrella! There’s tons of space for drying your damp stuff when you get back in to your holiday cottage so why not get out and enjoy the fresh air 🙂
… and of course there’s so much more! Visit the Experience Peak District & Derbyshire website for more ideas!