Cottage Booking Terms & Conditions
- THE CONTRACT for a short-term holiday rental will be between the Hopton Hall Owners (referred to as “us” or “we”) and the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party (referred to as “you” or “your”) in the following booking conditions. UK law will govern the Contract. The contract of hire is not effective until we have processed the deposit. The contract will be subject to these booking conditions, and must be complied with. The party leader must be at least 21 years of age at the time of booking and the booking form must list names and ages of your party.
- PAYMENT: Bookings are CONFIRMED on receipt the non refundable deposit of 1/3rd of the holiday cost. The deposit must be paid within 7 days of booking being placed. The balance of the rental will be due for payment six weeks prior to the holiday commencement date and we reserve the right to cancel a holiday where payment has not been received six weeks before the commencement date. If the booking is made within six weeks of the holiday start date the full rental will be required (please ring for updated payment terms during Covid 19) Payment can either be by bank transfer, cheque or card payment, we will send the details to you separately.
- CANCELLATION: Cancellations must be immediately notified to us by phone and in writing. If we are able to re-let your booking we will refund you the final letting price (which may be less than you paid) less an administration fee. If we are unable to re-let there will be no refund under any circumstance and you will still be responsible for the full rental cost.
- CANCELLATION INSURANCE: Cancellation Insurance is not compulsory but we strongly recommend such insurance to protect against the cancellation penalty.
- CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF THE OWNER (FORCE MAJEURE): If for any reason we have to cancel your booking in advance due to circumstances beyond our control for example fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions, epidemics, destruction/damage to the property (“force majeure”), or you are unable to take up your booking because of government lockdown instructions, then we will agree alternative, mutually agreeable dates for your stay. If we have to terminate your holiday early for the above reasons you will be refunded part of the booking fee based on the time remaining of the booking. No additional compensation, expenses or costs will be payable.
- PERIOD OF HIRE: You should not arrive before 3pm on the commencement date, and leave by 10am on the day of departure. Failure to do so will result in you being charged a further day’s rental. You must not use the property except for the purpose of a holiday during the holiday period, and not for any other purpose or longer period. The agreement to stay in the property for the holiday period, does not create the relationship of Landlord and Tenant between the parties. You shall not be entitled to a new tenancy, or to any assured short hold or assured tenancy or any statutory protection under the Housing Act 1988 or other statutory security of tenure now or at the end of the Holiday Period.
- NUMBER OF PERSONS USING THE PROPERTY we reserve the right to refuse group bookings or other persons who, in our opinion are unsuitable for the accommodation. The maximum number of people stated in each cottage must not be exceeded we reserve the right to terminate your holiday forthwith, without compensation, or apply additional charges.
- LIABILITY: Hopton Hall, its employees and representatives shall not be liable to you or your party for loss or damage to property,cars or contents whether inside or outside howsoever arising. You must take all necessary steps to safeguard yourselves and your property.
- CARE OF THE PROPERTY: You are responsible for the property and are expected to take all reasonable care of its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects, in or on the property. You must leave them in the same state of repair, and in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as at the beginning. You must not use the properties for any dangerous, offensive, noxious, noisy, immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to the owner or other neighbouring properties.
Smoking is not allowed in any of the properties. No pets allowed.
- DAMAGES & BREAKAGES: In certain circumstances, a damage deposit of £150.00 per cottage is payable on request, refunded at the end of your vacation with breakages and damage charged at our discretion.
- WIFI: Wi-Fi is provided for the guest’s reasonable use. It is rural broadband and has limitations. The guest agrees to reasonable and lawful usage of this service. Please see our seperate Wifi Terms and Conditions page.
- RIGHT OF ENTRY: We shall be allowed the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
- COMPLAINTS: Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay. However, if you have any problem or cause for complaint, it is essential that you contact us immediately to give us the chance to resolve it. We value your custom and want you to return.
- DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT: We treat any data collected during the course of making bookings or dealing with enquiries in strict confidence. Your data will never be sold. As members of Premier Cottages (a marketing collective of the best four and five star cottages in the UK) we have agreed to supply to Premier Cottages Ltd the names, postal and email addresses of all guests booking with us during the previous year, in order that these guests may be sent a Premier Cottages brochure and sent promotional emails from time to time. We also provide them with the email addresses of guest enquiries. By accepting these terms and conditions you are indicating your consent to receiving these communications unless you let us know otherwise, you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange for you to be removed from the database.