The Card House is our beautiful sleeps 6 holiday cottage
The Card House was used by the original Hopton Hall owners, the Gell family, to “entertain friends from the village after dinner” but in the early part of the 20th century a fire, the cause of which is still unknown, resulted in the building being burnt to the ground.
In 2014 the Card House was rebuilt around the original ruins and completely renovated to a high standard to become a modern, warm holiday cottage, with stunning views of the Hopton Hall meadows.
- A comfortable open plan yet cosy living room, dining area and fully equipped kitchen, all arranged around the central chimney, which is equipped with a log burner
- Downstairs cloakroom
- One king size bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room
- A twin bedroom (which we can zip and link to create a super king)
- Family bathroom.
All of this in your comfortable 4 star holiday cottage, plus a swimming pool and children’s play area with Derbyshire and the Peak District on your doorstep!
- Sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms If you find availability to suit your requirements click your start date and complete your booking requirements on the right. All of this in your comfortable 4 star holiday cottage, plus a swimming pool and children’s play area with Derbyshire and the Peak District on…
- Click any image below to view it enlarged in a slideshow:
- Our five luxury self catering holiday cottages sleep from 4 to 14 people (or combine for up to 40 - Group Stays), choose from the links below to learn more about each cottage, or view cottage availability. Unfortunately we do not allow pets and all holiday cottages are no smoking.…