Beautiful restored formal gardens full of interest and colour
Summer Gardens 2022, every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 21st June until 28th July. The gardens will be open from 10:30am with last admittance at 3:00pm, closing at 4:00pm.
- Admission: Adults £5, Children £2.50 (6 to 16 years) – pay on gate
- Tea, coffee and a selection of cakes available.
- Lots of free parking
- Our delightful, calm gardens are lovely to visit with your youngsters but our ponds and open water mean they need extra care.
- Please wear appropriate footwear our paths are not altogether smooth, like the crinkle~crankle wall some are rather old
- Wheelchairs will experience some difficulty as we mention above our paths are not smooth and are steep in areas.
- We regret we cannot accept dogs except guide dogs.
- We have a very small play area, this is for our holiday cottage guests only and ask politely that visitors keep to the designated paths.
Hopton Hall, dating back to 1414, lies on the edge of the White Peak National Park. Our formal gardens feature a fully restored crinkle crankle wall.
Spencer our Manager, has virtually restored the formal gardens and created many new and interesting features including the one acre walled garden in which we have planted over 2,000 roses in 40 individual beds surrounded by 5,000 neatly trimmed box plants. Follow the 2 km of meandering paths along the croquet lawn and rose walk, around two ornamental ponds leading to the wildlife lake, arboretum, laburnum tunnel, birch avenue and more, creating a wonderful summer spectacular with visual surprises at each corner.